The postcard above was published by Tuck and shows the Board of Trade building in Chicago. It was mailed in 1908, and this building was demolished in 1929. It was rebuilt in 1930 by Holabird and Root at the same location, which is 141 West Jackson Boulevard. At that time, it was 44 stories tall (North Building), and in 1982 22 stories were built as the South Building. The North Building is a Chicago Landmark, and the lobby and north facade are on the National Register of Historic Places. The Chicago Board of Trade is the world’s oldest futures and options exchange, as it was started in 1848.
This card of the CBOT building is a linen and was mailed in 1947. This view is showing the building while looking down LaSalle Street. The printed description on the back reads:
“Organized in one room on March 13, 1848. Occupied a wigwam immediately after the great fire, 1871. The building erected on this spot in 1885 was vacated in December 7, 1928 to prepare for occupancy of this building in 1930.”