The Pennsylvania Building at the 1939 New York World’s Fair was a replica of the original Independence Hall in Philadelphia. The building was located at the northern end of the Court of States, and the inside of the building had exhibits on the history of Pennsylvania and its importance in industry and culture in America.
The Pennsylvania State World’s Fair Commission was in charge of organizing Pennsylvania’s participation at the fair. The original Commission was made up of 5 members, and then expanded to fourteen in February of 1939. Huberta P. Earle and Irwin D. Wolf led the Commission in planning for agricultural, industrial, scenic, and historical exhibits.