There have been three Chicago Coliseums throughout time, with the third and final one being the longest standing and pictured on postcards.
This card of the Coliseum was postmarked in 1912. It was built in 1899 and demolished in 1982 after being previously shut down for fire violations. Uses of the Coliseum included hosting Chicago Blackhawk hockey games and Chicago Zephyr basketball games. The location was on Wabash Avenue between 14th and 16th streets.
The Coliseum at a different angle, postmarked 1909.
“The Coliseum has a seating capacity of fifteen thousand. Because of this, it has acquired the title of “Chicago’s historic convention hall.” Each year it houses many of the large national expositions, among which are the radio, outdoor and automobile shows. The facade of the Coliseum was built from material salvaged from the Civil War- famous Libby Prison of Richmond, Virginia.” Postmarked 1954.